School of Thought is a series of SMSC interactive workshops and talks for students in KS2-KS5.
Workshops are designed to complement and expand the core ThoughtBox curriculum and encourage students to start asking questions and develop key skills of empathy building and global citizenship.
All of our interactive talks and workshops fully support SMSC learning and values and are available in a range of timings and formats.
Topics currently available within the School of Thought series are:
In each of our programmes, students are challenged to practise core skills of global citizenship by discussing ideas together, listening to each other and working on a series of interactive challenges.
Following an initial team-building activity, students will be asked a series of questions within the specific topic and set a range of challenges encouraging them to learn to work together, overcome differences, practise deep-listening and conflict resolution and explore diversity.
Each of our School of Thought talks and workshops supports SMSC education and will enable students to:
- Develop an understanding of critical thinking, empathy building and inquiry
- Engage in healthy dialogue and discussion by asking questions and practising deep listening
- Open up core global topics to develop interest in their own learning and responsibilities as global citizens
- Use creativity, teamwork and imagination to solve challenges
- Feel confident expressing opinions and exploring difficult questions
Click on the images above to find out more about our current selection of talks or take a look at our online brochure. Our interactive talks are just £200 whilst our workshops are priced at £900 for up to 120 students.
Our workshops cost £900 per group whilst our interactive talks are £200 (inclusive of VAT and travel*)
*Please talk to us about prices if your school is more than 50 miles from Totnes, Devon where we are based, as travel expenses may need to be added.
The cost includes:
- A facilitated full-day workshop with two members of the ThoughtBox Education Team at your school
- All equipment and resources needed for the workshop
- Maximum group size of 120.
For our workshops, schools will need to provide space for students to be seated around tables in groups of 6-8, ideally in a large space such as a hall or theatre. For our talks, schools will need to provide space for students to be seated theatre style with data projector and screen. School staff will be needed to support group work.
Get in touch with email@example.com to talk to us and learn more about how we can support your school in bringing SMSC to Life.