Happiness Lesson Plans
Questions you will explore
- What is the difference between happiness and success?
- What does money have to do with happiness?
- Should we teach emotional health and happiness in schools?
- Are we doing enough to support our young people's mental health?
- Can happiness be measured by success?
- What is the impact on having a country's foundation built around happiness?
- How can we learn to find our own sense of happiness?
Aims & Objectives:
Each lesson starts with a short film which serves as the platform for the lesson’s discussions, allowing students to engage firstly with the ideas raised in the film and then develop insight and engagement in the topic. Students will practise skills of critical thinking & questioning, deep listening and empathy building. Lessons will examine the notion of happiness on an individual and collective basis, looking at the relationship between the body, the mind and the environment on our happiness. Students will discuss and explore the meaning of happiness within the global culture, understanding different approaches to forming connection and finding happiness.