Happiness Lesson Plans
Questions you will explore
- What is the difference between money and success?
- What impact does money really have on our happiness?
- Can happiness be measured or bought?
- What is the impact on having a country's foundation built around happiness?
- How are young people managing ever-increasing levels of stress and anxiety and what is the impact upon their mental health?
- Should we teach emotional health and happiness in schools?
Aims & Objectives:
Each lesson starts with a short film which serves as the platform for the lesson’s discussions, allowing students to engage firstly with the ideas raised in the film and then develop insight and engagement in the topic. Students will practise skills of critical thinking & questioning, deep listening and empathy building. Lessons will examine the notion of happiness on an individual and collective basis, looking at the relationship between the body, the mind and the environment on our happiness. Students will discuss and explore the meaning of happiness within the global culture, understanding different approaches to forming connection and finding happiness.