THE THOUGHTBOX LEARNING JOURNEY
Our four stage approach has been created to support whole-school connected learning, empowering staff and enriching students through critical engagement with real world issues.
Our programmes have three main aims:
TO ENCOURAGE CRITICAL THINKING AND INQUIRY
- TO SUPPORT EMPATHY BUILDING AND RESILIENCE
- TO PROMOTE POSITIVE EMOTIONAL HEALTH BY MAKING CONNECTIONS
Our connected learning programmes allow students to gain the life skills they need in order to face the challenges ahead, to make sense of the world around them and to develop emotional intelligence.
1. An interactive staff training programme supporting 'thinking classrooms' and healthy learning environments through connected learning methods.
3. A series of SMSC talks and workshops opening the box on current global issues, designed to broaden perspectives and challenge young people to think, feel and connect.
2. A Global Thinking curricular designed to open the box on a range of current issues, helping young people to make sense of the world and their place in it.
4. Connecting schools and young people to a global network of changemakers who offer inspirational talks, workshops, field trips and work experience.