Social Media Lesson Plans
Questions you will explore
- How has social media changed the way we interact with each other?
- Are we becoming more or less social as technology allows us to make friends all over the world?
- Is technological connection allowing us to feel more connected?
- What is the 'filter bubble' and how is it affecting our understanding of the world?
- Are 'fake news' and algorithmic conditioning something that we can prevent?
- Is social media a tool that we can learn to use rather than depend upon?
Aims & Objectives:
Each lesson starts with a short film which serves as the platform for the lesson’s discussions, allowing students to engage firstly with the ideas raised in the film and then develop insight and engagement in the topic. Students will practise skills of critical thinking & questioning, deep listening and empathy building. Lessons will explore the pros and cons of global connectivity through social media, examining the human and environmental impact of this growing technology. Students will examine the changing nature of connection in a modern world, learning to question and engage in a range of connections that we are forming through our use of social media.